Governor of the Bank of England
- “Prosperity requires not just investment in economic capital, but also in social capital. Community foundations are playing a critical role in helping to deliver a more inclusive capitalism.”Mark Carney
Governor of the Bank of England
- “We like to find strategic solutions, not provide sticking plasters.”Jayne Woodley
CEO, Oxfordshire Community Foundation
- “I like to have something worthwhile to get up for each morning… I find that the larger and more strategic the gift, the more pleasure I get out of it.”Dame Stephanie Shirley
Coutts Million Pound Donor Report
- “I really must thank the team for helping me during the application process and for having such faith in our work.”Kay Alty
New Yatt Riding for the Disabled
- “I’ve lived in Oxfordshire for many years, and feel I’ve benefited greatly from being in such a thriving and interesting place. Leaving a legacy to OCF in my will is my way of repaying this – and I also trust that they will understand exactly where funds are needed in years to come. Having seen small voluntary sector groups come and go, I find this longevity very reassuring.”Legacy donor
Legacy donor to OCF
- “I give for a mixture of motives: I do it to make my life more interesting; I do it to make myself feel a better person. I do it because I can; to have the pleasure associated with mixing with the people whose fields I support. I do it for the dream of actually achieving something!”David Harding
Hedge fund manager, philanthropist and OCF donor
- “It is so uplifting to meet so many people blessed with generous hearts and a deep sense of community.”Ali Mosawi
- “The overriding aim of LYP is to bring hope for the future to young people, some of whom have given up on expecting anything positive out of life.”Richard Colbrook
Project Leader, Leys Youth Programme
- “We have been supported by your organisation since I started the club 22 years ago. You have helped us in hard times, keeping the kids on the straight and narrow. I would like to thank you for all your support - without groups like you we would struggle to survive.”Mel Corrigan
Mel Corrigan, Head Coach, Berinsfield Amateur Boxing Club
- “Generosity is the best investment.”Diane von Fürstenberg
- “We believe you do a sterling job for the communities of Oxfordshire. Keep up the good work.”Raymond May
Raymond May, Treasurer, Barton United FC
- “I know the significant difference the Community Foundations have made in helping vulnerable people respond to a variety of challenges. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Community Foundations for such great work.”Rob Wilson
Minister for Civil Society
When Paul Thompson died of a sudden cardiac event, his wife and friend created a named fund in his memory that is used to fund life-saving defibrillators.
Withy King’s patron fund with OCF helps us deliver a professional, efficient service to our donors and grant recipients, and helps them become more strategic with their charitable giving.
Funding from OCF has helped Eve support survivors of domestic abuse in overcoming emotional difficulties and move on to more rewarding times in their lives.
Jane holds her own named fund, to which she makes an annual donation. She works with us to develop a rolling portfolio of charitable giving.